Spring is officially here, I only have 64 days left in Buffalo, and I've lost about 30 pounds. Life is good. I actually don't have anything to complain about today which is a rare occasion so you should consider this my little gift to you...all 2 readers that I have.
Two weeks ago I flew out to Missouri with mommy dearest to apartment hunt and settle her spirit on the fact that I will be living 14 hours away from her...again...in the opposite direction. Overall it was a great trip and I enjoyed my time with Trenia. The fact that she brought me a pair of pajama pants with gnomes on them only made me love her more. **On a side note, Gnorman gives me "the eye" whenever I wear them and it kind of creeps me out** I found a townhouse that I really liked and I also found a coffee shop that fulfilled my need of quirky. What more could I ask for? Ok, a Target closer than 1.5 hours away would be a huge bonus but I'll survive.
Everything seems to be going along smoothly, right? Well...not quite. A week before I left for Missouri I got an email from UT saying that an interview at their medical school had been scheduled for me on April 19. An interview!?!?! It's April and that's REALLY late in the whole medical school application cycle. That's not a very good sign considering they've had my application for months. I was perfectly content with going to KCOM and now UT had to come and muddy things up. Because it is so late in the cycle, I'm pretty sure that I'll either get rejected or waitlisted and the more that I think about that, the more I realize that I'm ok with that happening. I don't know if I even really like UT. After the interview, I realized that Memphis is only marginally better than Buffalo (it is in the South after all), I don't like the first two years of the program, and I don't know if there's anywhere remotely close to the school where I would feel safe to live. On a plus note, the 3rd and 4th year rotations are amazing so that is something to consider. I don't know why I'm even stressing out about this now because I haven't been accepted (and I probably won't be). I just have to keep reminding myself why I fell in love with KCOM and Kirksville in the first place. Of all of the places where I was interviewed and accepted, it was my favorite and it just felt right...more right than Atlanta, more right than Harrogate, more right than Erie, and more right than Memphis. I'm not going to stress but I am going to hold out on signing that Kirksville lease until I have made my FINAL decision. Ahhhh!!!
I think that I'm going to be anti-social this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment