I know it's been awhile since I've made an appearance on the blog but I've been recovering. A few weeks ago the posse and I decided that we were going to take up masonry. While I was building a nice fire pit, I dropped a load of bricks on all 8 of my fingers (I bet you didn't know that gnomes only have 8 fingers), and I've been wearing little blue hand casts for the past 8 weeks. It's horrible. I couldn't eat, I couldn't type, I couldn't knit, I couldn't work with my stamp collection. My life has been so very empty. Tara hasn't been any help because she refused to type for me and she even refused to floss my teeth. She doesn't care about my oral hygiene, she's heartless.
Well...thankfully I got my casts off last week so I'm back to doing normal gnome things. My stamp collection is looking just super. Tara has been stingy with the computer so I haven't had the chance to get on here. She's collapsed into a puddle of sweat and tears right now so I was able to grab the Toshiba and make a run for it. For those of you who don't know, Tara has been doing this crazy workout called Insanity. She may be lookin' smokin' hot but she's also spending a lot of her free time sweaty and thinking about how hungry she is. You should see the crap she's eating. I don't think that I've ever seen that much tofu in one place. She's also started eating Wasa crackers so she could "get a little crunch." Have you ever eaten a Wasa cracker? Imagine chewing on a cardboard box and there ya go. I'm also pretty sure that she's bought out all the Kashi supply in Erie county. We've got Kashi cereal, Kashi breakfast bars, Kashi granola bars, Kashi, Kashi, Kashi. I hate Kashi. There's no processed anything in that "food". Seriously, they're "naturally sweetened." WTF, give me sugar and high fructose corn syrup. Not only is she losing inches off her waist, she's losing her mind. I want carbs and I want them NOW!
Ok, although Tara has been limiting my junk food intake, she has done a few, and I repeat FEW, kind things. I bet you don't know this but I'm completely obsessed with The Gilmore Girls. I remember watching little Rory grow from a naive sophomore at Chilton to a Yale graduate starting her journalism career following around Barack Obama's 2008 campaign (yes, Rory is real, don't burst my bubble). While I've been recovering from the great masonry debacle of 2010, Tara was so kind to let me re-watch ALL of the Gilmore Girls. Tara and I have them on DVD. Since this was probably the eleventy-seventh time that I've watched seasons 1-6 (I'm still boycotting season 7 because that was when they got rid of Amy Sherman-Palladino), I decided to take a little time to analyze the characters. I have to say that my least favorite Rory is during season 4 when she was a freshman at Yale. She was just so boring and vanilla and that was when she slept with Dean (shame on you, Rory, he was married); however, this is probably one of my favorite Lorelai seasons. Although, she wasn't with Luke (season 4 was Jason), she was extremely witty and her hair looked amazing. Is it sad that a tiny part of me wants to BE Lorelai Gilmore?? Wait, don't answer that. I could go on for days talking about my favorite episodes and characters. All I have to say is that I really, really, really hope that they make a Gilmore Girls movie.
Who knows when I'll be back on here because you all know how Tara is with her computer but she did tell me that she is planning on taking me on a roadtrip this summer. Let's just hope that she doesn't "forget" me again. You know how she is.
Love and Twizzlers,
Gnorman G.
No comments:
Post a Comment