Sunday, March 21, 2010

Roadtrippin' Through March

As of Thursday night, I have all of the dates and pit-stops finalized for my summer road-trip. I'll come up with a cutsy nickname for it soon so don't you worry about me continuing to call it something as lame as "summer road-trip." My mom is actually going with me so that's a small miracle in itself (most of you probably know my mom). I'm sure they'll be pools set up betting on how long it takes one of us to kill the other. I'm putting my money on day 9.
I'm really looking forward to this trip because I'm getting a chance to see a lot of the beauties that this country has to offer. Did I mention that I'm getting a picture of Uncle Sam tattooed on my ass with "Proud to Be An American" written below it? Yeah, jealously doesn't suit you.
Here's the list of places that we're going to either explore thoroughly or just sleep in for the night:
  • Memphis (Hello Graceland and drunken people on Beale St.)
  • Oklahoma City,OK (sleeping for the night)
  • Amarillo,TX (dead Cadillacs...oh yeah)
  • Albuquerque, NM (we need a place to crash)
  • The Grand Canyon (North Rim...less tourists)
  • Salt Lake City, UT (I'm obsessed with mormons)
  • Yellowstone National Park
  • Glacier National Park (this is the one that I'm REALLY excited about)
  • Mt. Rushmore (this is for mom)
  • Omaha, NE (a place to crash)
  • St. Louis (who knows....I know they have a Trader Joes)
  • Back to Knoxville
I'm planning the whole thing out so I hope that I don't end up getting us killed or stranded somewhere in Nebraska. I don't know why but Nebraska seems like the worst place to get stuck. What is a cornhusker? Yeah, exactly.

On a side note, I've started having bad dreams about medical school. Last night, I dreamed that I was in a physiology class where the books were from 1962 and I could never catch up on the reading. It seemed like every time a class ended another one would start and I never had the required reading done. Then when I was looking for my next class, I ended up in this HUGE gym with multiple basketball courts and bleachers 100 feet high. Somehow I entered at the highest point and every time I thought that I was going the right way, there was a sever drop-off with no steps. I almost fell to my death 3 times and when I did find stairs, a friend of mine who actually goes to that school now was sitting at the bottom of them. Once I got to the bottom of the stairs, he was gone and I was right where I started. This dream followed the one I had Friday night about pink gummy ants that lived in my bed and when they matured, they'd morph into fleas with wings. And no, I don't smoke the marijuana.

I can't decide if I'm looking forward to medical school or not. Mostly it's just a means to an end.

No comments: