Saturday, March 06, 2010

I Spoke Too Soon

The other day I was telling someone that I had managed to go all winter without getting sick. Cocky, right? Exactly. Yesterday morning I woke up with a stuffy head and a slightly sore throat. To make it even better, I woke up an hour later than normal so I missed my morning workout (I don't like working out in the evenings anymore, that's Wendell's time). Anyway, as the day progressed, I felt my head getting more and more foggy. By the end of the day, I felt like my head weighed and extra 20 pounds and I was having to carry around a wad of tissues because my nose had turned into a geyser. I'm sure you're thinking that I went home and curled up in bed with a cup of tea and a healthy dose of self pity, aren't you? WRONG!!! Since I had missed my morning workout, I did an afternoon one instead. Insanity is bad enough but just imagine doing it while feeling sick. At one point, I got kind of light headed and almost fell into my living room table. Yeah...I question my judgment too. The rest of the night was spent in kind of a haze with poor Wendell either poking me with that over-sized head of his or curled up in the chair whining. He worries about his mama.
Speaking of Wendell....yesterday was his birthday. He's now 2. My baby is getting so big *sniffle*

I bought him a new bicycle and some Legos (by "new bicycle and Legos" I mean that I gave him a can of dog food and told him how pretty he is).

This morning I was expecting a miraculous recovery with no trace of the crap-ola way I felt last night. My optimistic outlook was squashed when I woke up at 7am coughing up the huge ball of phlegm that was lodged in my throat. Pretty. I rolled out of bed, hacked up my lung, put on a pot of tea, and curled up on the couch to try to clear my head. An hour later, I felt semi-human again so I rent to the gym and clocked 3 miles on ye old treadmill. No, it didn't make me feel any better but I'm a woman on a mission so I chose to ignore the fact that my immune system was in overdrive and I felt like someone had tied a plastic bag over my head. However, I did learn 2 very important things at the gym (1) I lost 5 pounds since last Saturday...I guess increasing my caloric intake was a good decision (2) My endurance has increased and I really think that Shaun T might be my new hero.

The computer screen is starting to blur so I'm going to go sit in a dark room and hope that my body stops its revolt.


*Gnorman never gets sick. I hate him*

No comments: