Saturday, January 09, 2010

Baby, It's Not So Cold Outside

Do you see that??? It's the SUN!!! I haven't seen the sun in almost a week...a very long week. I was afraid that I was going to get rickets or go into a deep depression and start wearing sweatpants and over-sized sweatshirts with animals on the front. Luckily, that golden ball of glory made an appearance today and I don't have to worry about disease or bad fashion. I have to say that living in Buffalo has made me truly appreciate the sun. We go MONTHS (ok, not months) without seeing the sun and I can honestly say that I turn into a major biotch when I don't get my daily vitamin D. If the ugly people, bad food, and overall nastiness of this city didn't make me hate Buffalo, the lack of sun for 6 months out of the year would be enough to make me dream of torching this little piece of hell on the banks of Lake Erie. Yes, yes you're getting a nice dose of the overly-dramatic Tara. You can deal.
I've been getting daily phone calls or text messages from my Southern friends and family, and they've been talking about how cold and icy it is down there. See, they usually have nice weather during the winter and when it turns cold and snowy, they go from being really happy (they get to see the sun on a regular basis) to miserable. I, on the other hand, am used to the cold and snow so when it goes from an average daily high of 20 degrees to 10 degrees, I don't really notice the difference. I still have to wear layers. I still have to wear the ugly coat. AND I STILL HAVE HAT HAIR AND A CHAPPED FACE. Buffalo has destroyed my skin and I will mourn that healthy glow for the rest of my days. Is Missouri going to be any better? God, I hope so.


On a completely unrelated note, I am addicted to the Stuff You Should Know podcast. I listen to them all day at work while I'm playing with mice and doing other labby things. They have some great topics and they're just nerdy enough to keep my attention.

No comments: