
Another Saturday, another mini roadtrip. Yesterday, Mr. Mc and I decided to go hiking in Letchworth State Park. It's about an hour and a half southeast of Buffalo. As most of you know, I've been bitching about how boring/ugly/awful Buffalo is for the past 2 years. Well, I've now discovered that all you have to do is drive a few miles out of the city and you'll discover gems like this. There were 3 waterfalls that were almost as amazing as Niagara falls but without the flocks of asian tourists and gawdy souvenir stands. I mean, I would've been happy to buy an airbrushed t-shirt that said "Letchworth 4 Life" or something like that BUT it just wasn't there. Bummer. We decided on the gorge trail because my guidebook said it was the best. I have to agree that the views were amazing but it was kind of crowded. We went by this adorable little inn that looked like something out of a movie. It was just so cute. There were tents set up and people were all over the place because there was a wedding going on. I have to say that it was the perfect place for a wedding. I'm sure that if I ever wanted to get married and I was stupid enough to marry a man from Buffalo, this place would be the perfect place to have it.
The amazing thing was that I managed to NOT get a sunburn and I didn't break my ankle/leg/arm/back. I'm usually
very graceful. We did get lost but I'm blaming that on Mr. Mc's wonderful map skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment