Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


I don't think that it's really hit that it is in fact, Christmas. Christmas always has meant going from one family member's house to another family member's house celebrating and watching to see what new bit of drama will be drummed up. It also meant watching my young cousins get so excited over Santa that they 1. Pee their pants 2. Get in trouble for screaming 3. Get so hyped up on sugar that they can't be quiet and end up passed out on the couch after the sugar-high as ended. I guess it's good that I'm spending this Christmas in a different way. Over the past three years, I've lost one family member each year and Christmas is always hard to celebrate knowing that someone is missing. This year wasn't any different but I celebrated in a completely different way and part of me is grateful for that. Yes, I wish that I had been in Knoxville, but I was able to spend Christmas Eve with Megan's family. They treated me like one of the family and I felt so welcome. I am so thankful that Megan is my roommate and that she has such an amazing family. I went out to dinner with Megan, her sister Kelsey, her mother, her 2 uncles, her cousin and her cousin's fiancee, and her uncle's girlfriend. Everyone was very nice and it was a very comfortable atmosphere. They weren't as loud and "out there" as my family but they were fun. I have to say that I got a little sad when I called my uncle Bryan's house and heard everyone having a good time. It was just so weird not being there.

I haven't done a thing since I woke up this morning. I kind of like being a bum. I have to go into work at 3pm and I'm hoping that they'll let me leave early. I plan to have everything packed so all that I have to do tomorrow is wake up, brush my teeth, and start driving. I'm not really sure what time I'll leave but it should be really early. I want to get home. I also don't want to deal with the traffic. Cincinatti is always fun to drive through...yeah right.

No comments: