Saturday, August 04, 2007

I Have Arrived...

I am officially moved into my apartment. Mom, Bobby, and Amy spent the past 3 days cleaning, unpacking, and helping me get everything in order. When we first got into Buffalo, the directions that I had took us through the ghetto. I thought my poor mother was going to have a heart attack. I know she was on the verge of making me turn around and go to grad school at UT. It was kind of scary, not gonna lie. Luckily, my apartment is in a nicer area. It's almost too trendy for me but I'll survive. There's a coffee shop less than a 1/4 of a mile from my front door. I'm happy.

Yesterday we went to Niagara Falls. It was so much fun. We walked over to the Canada side. It was a lot cleaner than the American side and it had better stuff. We went into one of the casinos and I won $50. Amy won $40 but I think the highlight of her trip was saying that she walked to Canada. It's the little things right?

Mom, Bobby, and Amy just left and I'm sad. I'm not freaking out or anything but it just hit me that I'm alone in a city that I don't know anything about. I'm not worried about making friends or anything like but I'm going to miss my friends and family. I'm used to having this huge support system and now I'm alone. I'll probably be calling up random people so that I can hear a Southern accent.

I'll put pictures up of my apartment soon.




No comments: