Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Been a Summer



This has been one crazy summer. I don't think that I spent a full week at home during the month of June.
I was in Buffalo during the first week of the month. I found an apartment and a roommate. I also got a lot of stuff in order for grad school. I think that might have been the most productive four days of my life. Dad, Donna, and I also managed to go visit Niagara Falls. I can't believe something that beautiful is only going to be half an hour away.I have more pictures so just click on the link to the right labeled "Tara's Pictures.

After I got back from Buffalo, I took the MCAT (more like failed the MCAT) and then left for the beach. Julie, JW, and I went to the Isle of Palms. We rented a house and spent the entire week being lazy. It felt so nice to actually be able to read something that had nothing to do with biochemistry or the MCAT. As expected, I got a massive sunburn and looked like a giant tomato. Sexy, I know. Aloe is my friend.

I worked for 3 days and then I left for Seattle. I went to see the wonderful Matthew J. Whitfield. I haven't seen him since Christmas and I have missed him...a lot. It was so good to see him and the fact that he lives in a cool city was just an added bonus. Seattle is such a neat place and the surrounding area is beautiful. I had a really good time. I guess I have to wait until Christmas to see him again. *sigh (There are pictures just click on the "Tara's Pictures" link to the right)

Next week I'm leaving for Gainesville, FL. I'm going to see Christina and we're going to the premiere of the Harry Potter movie. Yes, I'm a complete dork and I don't care.

Once I get back from Florida I'll only have about 2 weeks until I move to Buffalo. I'm not gonna lie, I'm nervous. I've never been this far away from my family and I'm going to miss them so much. I know that this is something that I have to do and all I can do is put my trust in God and have faith that He'll guide me in the right direction. Ahhhh....Buffalo!

-Tara

p.s. for those of you who don't know, Gnorman is my gnome and he's real. I will argue that point.

No comments: