Tuesday, May 04, 2010
I have a problem and it involves Miracle Grow
I'm on a budget, a very strict budget. I have to count every penny and I plan my shopping trips around the coupons that I have in hand. This all sounds very responsible and a tad bit boring, right? Well...I forgot to mention that every now and then I'll walk into a store and say "SCREW IT" and spend way too much money on something that I don't really need,,, mainly books or some bizarre video on the history of magpies or something like that. Yesterday I was on a mission to take my bike to the bike shop AND re-pot all of my plants. I dropped off the bike without being tempted by any of the cool shiny things in the store, but when I got to Home Depot my will-power and budget flew out the window. As I made my way back to the potting soil, I passed this table proclaiming "Perennials: 5 for $10." I couldn't pass that up, right? But there's one tiny problem, I don't have 5 extra pots. Ok, well I just HAD to go back to the plant pot section. For all of you who are getting ready to do some plant potting, Home Depot is where you need to go. Forget Lowes. Forget Wal-Mart. Forget that little mom and pop store that's getting ready to go out of business because the big mega chains have lower prices and a better selection. Home Depot has the cutest pots. I mean, they have ones with flowers and polka dots!!! Well, to make a short story way too long, I ended up spending $60 dollars on dirt and pots. Yeah, that could've gone toward my Visa bill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my God Tara, I had no idea you TOO were a flower junkie. I have spent probably between $100-$200 since Spring began buying flowers and pots for my porch. I now have a rose bush, forget-me-nots, columbine, sunflowers that are sprouting, tulips, daffodils, two pots of petunias, martha washington geraniums, a pot of mixed annuals, some bluebells, dahlias, ranunculus, and some other plants I'm forgetting. We need to talk flowers... Did I mention that I made my own compost bin for my front porch and am now composting all our leftover food? :D
you are way more of a gardener than I... I'd probably be just as obsessed if I wasn't moving in a month and a half. I just can't justify planting everything and then moving it all. Ahhhhh...
I'm super jealous of the compost bin. I want one!
Post a Comment