Over the past few months I've been getting a lot of "friend" requests from people who I think that I might have known in my Karns days. By "know," I mean that we probably talked in the hallways twice and maybe had a class together when we were 8. Most of you are probably thinking that I should have ignored the request and gone about my boring life, but for those of you who know me well, you know how much I love, love, love finding good dirt on people. Yes, it's petty but I completely accept and admit to this flaw in my behavior and I will change it...some day. Lately I've invented a new facebook game that I like to play when I'm bored or just feeling down. It's called "Let's Count How Many Facebook Friends Have Illegitimate Children and No College Education or Job." Believe me, there are a lot of them. Yes, I know that children are a gift from God and I'm sure that these children have added joy and fulfillment to the lives of my "friends," but wouldn't it have been a little bit better to bring these kids into the world with at least a community college education, a steady job, a partner to help you, and a place of your own? It's tragic how many of these people think it's OK to still be living at home with mommy and daddy when they're 25 AND have one, two, and sometimes three babies. What is wrong with my generation? Where is our motivation?
You can call me mean, judgemental, bitchy...I don't care, but when you're calling me these names, remember that I'm employed, not pregnant, going to medical school next year, and I'm able to pay all of my bills on time without help from my parents. In other words, I have goals and I want to be emotionally and financially prepared for a time when I have to support another human being. Is that so much to ask for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now that is just too funny! Excellent post...and I could not agree more.
Post a Comment