Monday, November 30, 2009

Stuff Yourself With Love

Daddy Dearest came to visit me over Thanksgiving and I can honestly say that I had a really good time. Dad and I usually end up fighting over some stupid little thing and he never admits that he's wrong even though he is 99.9% of the time ;). We spent a majority of the time watching football or some movie (F.Y.I. Sweet Home Alabama is one of his favorite movies! Who knew??). I haven't slept this much in...well, I don't think that I've ever slept this much. I feel like a lazy bum and I don't like it at all. While he was here, he also bought my Christmas present. I am now a proud owner of a Garmin GPS thing. I've named it Graham because it talks to me in a male voice with a British accent and I think the name Graham fits. Hopefully I won't get lost when I have to drive from Buffalo to Missouri next summer. I can't believe that I'm going to move to Missouri. How random is that? At the beginning of this whole med school application experience, I always thought that I would end up somewhere in the South. My entire family is in Tennessee and the majority of my friends live in Tennessee, South Carolina, or Florida. Is Missouri anywhere close to that?? NO! I think that I'll be 9 hours away from the closest friend/family member. Why did I choose this school, you ask? The truth is that the male student population at this school was by far the most attractive and I figured that I would be more likely to find an attractive husband at KCOM because after all, that is the only reason that I'm going to this school. Only kidding.... I just really liked the feel of the school. The other 3 schools where I interviewed were nice but I just didn't get a good vibe. From the minute I drove into Kirksville, everything just seemed to fit. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would willingly live in a city with a population of 17,304 but I am. There's not even a Target, like for real. Will I regret this decision? Probably not. I've had a lot of conversations with the Big Man Upstairs and I truly feel like this is the place where I belong. Sometimes you just know when something is right and this is definitely one of those times.
I'm ready for July...

p.s. it's supposed to snow tonight. i think that i might cry

No comments: