Monday, September 14, 2009

I think Limes are a pretty fruit



Cooking and I have never really been the best of friends. We'll meet up every now and then, but most of the time my meals consist of a salad with a Morningstar Farms chicken patty cut up and sprinkled on top (protein plus green vegetables, score!). I went to visit Rachel this weekend and the lovely Ms. Hemphill cooked quite a bit. She even made calzone dough...from scratch. I expect to see her on the Food Network one day. She even grows her own herbs...psht!!


Besides the cooking and the outing to Trader Joe's ( $3 wine, what what), I had a great time just sitting around reading and watching Jane Austen movies with Rachel. We've been friends forever...17 years to be exact. I'm at a place in my life where most of my time is spent around people who barely know me and it was just nice to be with someone who understands my quirks and my unreasonable emotional hang-ups. I didn't have to start every conversation with, "Well, I'm kind of insane/screwed-up/emotionally unattached because..." and then go into detail on some childhood story that made me turn into the "special" person that I am today. Rachel knows all my stories, she lived through most of them, and she's met my mother...enough said.


I'll definitely have to make weekend trips to Kent more often. It's a nice little break from the wonderfulness of Buffalo (eh). I'm already counting down until May. I just hope that I get into med school somewhere because I really don't like the idea of having to look for new jobs. I truly hate job hunting and there's not a huge demand for lab techs who are really good at killing mice. Yeah, disgusting...I know. I have 3 med school interviews set up so keep your fingers crossed that I'll actually get accepted somewhere. I don't think that I'm ready to be a real adult yet.

No comments: