First, I have to say that I don't think that I could have made it this weekend without Lastfm.com. I've been working on my medical school applications and I probably would have gone crazy without Alexi Murdoch radio. Thank you lastfm. I would buy you a drink if you were an actual person.
14...That's the number of secondary applications that I have to finish over the next few days. I thought the first application was bad but now I have to write more essays, answer more questions, and tell every school why I would make an excellent physician. As most of you know, a big part of the reason that I chose my particular grad school program and want to be a doctor is the whole Bryan experience. Do you know how hard it is to re-live the part of my life over and over again? Every essay that I have to write wants to know about some experience that prompted me to pursue a medical career. I was sitting in my apartment the other night and just started crying. I hate to cry. It makes me red and splotchy. Yes, I really want to get into medical school but I REALLY want this whole application process to be over. It's so draining and just all around horrible. As of right now, I have 14 secondary applications and I've completed 3 of them. I don't know if I'll end up finishing them all because I know some of those schools just send you a secondary to get your money. I don't have a favorite school. I just want to get in some place. Is that wrong?
Last night I finally broke down and rented 2 DVDs from RedBox. I think that I've found my new favorite thing. Where else can you rent 2 DVDs for $2? NOWHERE!! I spent my Saturday night with Wendell, a Kashi pizza, knitting, and my movies (I'm not telling you which ones because it's slightly embarrassing for anyone over the age of 12 to watch them). Yes, I am now the most pathetic person on the planet but I enjoyed my night and that's all that matters. Right? Right?
On a slightly disturbing note, I've noticed more and more women in Buffalo carrying the Vera Bradley. I thought that I had escaped this awful trend by moving north of the Mason Dixon line but I guess that it just takes things a little longer to get to Buffalo. Why won't this trend die?!?! Stupid grandma quilt bags...*grumble, grumble*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Vera Bradley? Noooo!
Lastfm and redbox? Yesssss!
Post a Comment