Wednesday, August 05, 2009

A Balm to the Soul

Last weekend I escaped to Greenville, SC. What is in Greenville, you ask. The answer... MS. JULIE HOLMBERG. Yep, I ran away from home to visit my favorite blonde (Amy, your hair is fake so you don't count). I honestly felt like Buffalo was closing in on me and the only thing that could cure my yankee claustrophobia was a trip to the homeland. Do you know how nice it is to hear a southern accent when all you're used to the that nasal Buffalo twang? It seriously hurts my ears sometimes. bleeding from the ears....

Julie and I did lots of boring stuff like shopping, thai food, and tennis. I hate the shopping in Buffalo. I can't find any bright colors, the shoes are ugly, and they're selling stuff that went out of style 3 years ago in every other part of the country. I broke my carry-on trying to cram everything into it. I'm not even joking. I also found out that you get a 10% discount at GAP stores if you're a AAA member. Like I need another excuse to shop there :)

All in all it was an amazing weekend and I finally fell in love with Greenville. It only took me 7 years...


This post wouldn't be complete without a quirky G'ville picture. I'm just so glad that I can now get liquored up on Sundays...

No comments: