I couldn't decide what to name this post. I tried to decide between "Wow, that woman at the farmer's market was way too pregnant to be lifting boxes" or "I got lost in YuppieVille" or "Dear emo boy in the apartment across from me, your guitar-playing sucks" or " I broke my bike but the cute bike boy fixed it".
See what I mean? There was just way too much going on this morning for me to pick one title.
Even though it's pretty much taken an act of God to get me out of bed before 7:30am every morning this week, I woke up at 6:30am this morning and could not will myself to go back to sleep. Curse words, lots and lots of curse words. Because I was up this early and it was warm AND sunny (Praise Little Baby Jesus) I decided to go for a bike ride. I think I got about 5 ft into my ride (yeah, i said feet) and the chain slipped off and did some weird thing that involved it slipping up into a place that the chain should never be. Needless to say I couldn't go on my ride and I almost killed myself putting my bike into my car (I really need a bike rack). I contemplated going back upstairs to crawl onto the couch and finish reading The Secret Life of Bees but because I was already motivated to be active, I decided to go for a run instead. Ha, I ended up lost in Suburbia and I almost got ran over by a minivan...twice. I ended up lost because every freakin' street looks the same and I swear that every street had "willow" in the title. Way to be creative Amherst. I did explore a few garage sales along the way but I really wasn't in the market for broken office furniture or children's toys. Once I found a road without "willow" in the title, I was able to make it back home safely. As I was sipping on my orange juice and scarfing down a bowl of Frosted Flakes (they're GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT), I heard my across the courtyard neighbor start playing some awful Dashboard song. Yes, I said Dashboard. You'd think that this guy would've gotten the memo about playing lame emo songs on your guitar was no longer cool after sophomore year in college. I just hope this doesn't become a habit. I might have to throw something.
When I couldn't take anymore of his strained vocals and really bad guitar playing, I took a shower and got out of there. I took Foxy Lady (my lovely bike) to the bike store. Cute bike guy with gorgeous eyes fixed her and didn't charge me a thing. He was a sweetheart. I just might have to bake him cookies.
After my little adventure in Handlebars, I decided to head to Williamsville because I needed my weekly dose of snotty. Just so you know, I absolutely adore Williamsville with its cute little stores, obnoxious number of coffee shops, and high number of snobby women dressed in high Buffalo fashion (we were wearing this stuff 2 years ago down South...and they call Southerners slow, pshhh). As I was driving by South Campus, I noticed that there was a tiny farmer's market and THEY HAD TOMATOES!!! I ended up at this one stand that belonged to this VERY pregnant woman and her husband. She definitely should not have been lifting boxes but her blueberries looked amazing. I can't wait to sprinkle them over my Frosted Flakes (see, I'm obsessed). Now I'm sitting in Spot Coffe (because I haven't been to this one) trying to work on my med school personal statement but really people watching and trying to decide if being productive is really what I want to do today. We'll see.
oh yeah, I'm keeping Gnorman hostage because I have a sick feeling that he's trying to sabotage my new life in Buffalo. He really wanted to go back down South and he wasn't too happy when I accepted this job at Roswell.
No comments:
Post a Comment