Thursday, November 20, 2008

Deck the Apartment with Cheap Ornaments and Twinkle Lights


Tonight Megan and I decked our apartment out in Christmas cheer. Yes, it's still a week until Thanksgiving. Yes, our neighbors gave us weird looks. And Yes, I made Wendell wear a Santa hat. He wasn't too happy. I've been listening to Christmas music since Saturday (thank you pandora.com) and I'm so ready for Thanksgiving to come and go because then there will be Christmas decorations EVERYWHERE!! Last year I spent Christmas morning baking cookies and waiting to go to work. I really hated it last year. The whole family was in K'ville celebrating and I was alone in Buffalo waiting until 3pm so I could go to work. It was just so sad. It didn't even feel like Christmas. Maybe that's why I'm over-compensating this year. Hell, I would have put the tree up before Halloween but singing Jingle Bells while dressed up like a witch is just a little too weird.

Other than decorating for Christmas, my life has been uneventful. I had a paper due on Wednesday and then and exam today. My life has been consumed by DNA, cancer, and macrophages. Yeah, nerd alert. I'm sorry.


Ok, I'm spent. I don't have any deep thoughts or witty sayings. I'm going to bed.

Lovely.

No comments: