Yesterday I had the bright idea to go on a bike ride. A bike ride seems innocent enough, right? Ten miles is my usual distance and that's just enough. I got to my normal halfway point and kept on going. I ended up lost riding around in some subdivision near North campus (I haven't seen a subdivision in months!). I finally found the trail again and ended up riding along one of the most gorgeous areas that I've seen since moving to the Blow-Hole. I ended up at this park in Tonawanda. Yeah, that's the town's actual name. It was just so pretty and quaint. I stopped for a little while to just sit and rest my legs. There are decent places in Western New York...who would've guessed. I rode home along the Niagara River. It was absolutely gorgeous (except for that damn head wind), but it smelled like rotten fish and only God knows what else. I thought that I was going to vomit all over Foxy Lady . Yes, I named my bike. Don't judge. As I was getting closer and closer to downtown Buffalo, I noticed that things weren't as...pretty as they had been. The next thing I knew, I was on Niagara St. in the heart of the ghetto. I'm surprised that I didn't get a flat tire because there was so much broken glass scattered all over the bike path. People were just staring at me as I sped by them (yes, sped because I was bookin' it at this point). It was so scary. At one point, there was a cement wall on my left and a fence on my right. Someone could have been waiting and I would not have been able to do a thing to stop them from yanking me off my bike. God and I were having a very in-depth conversation. I was mostly mumbling "please, let me get through here without getting mugged/raped/killed." Luckily, the big man upstairs was listening and I got home safely. I think that the whole trip was around 30 miles. It was so much fun but my legs turned to complete jello right before I got into Delaware Park. I know that I looked kind of pathetic riding that last 1/2 mile home.
Today, I woke up hurting in places that I didn't even know existed. Did I take a break and let my muscles rest? NO! I rode my freakin' bike into Roswell and then I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I actually fell asleep while I was stretching. I was face-down on the mat and I know I was asleep for a few minutes. Luckily, I was the only one in the gym and no one saw me make an ass out of myself. I can just picture the trainers huddled around me trying to figure out what was wrong. There's never a dull moment with Tara...
I'm going to go sit on something soft.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment