Friday, July 18, 2008

So I'm Pathetic Because...

I think that I've reached an all new low. My life is so boring and uneventful right now that I spent over an hour in Wegmans trying to decide if I should actually spend the extra money to buy organic produce vs. the other kind. yeah, I opted out of the organic. I'm too cheap and I figure that something else will give me cancer besides the pesticides used on my apples. I guess I'm not really white after all.

Mr. Wendell and I were on the run yesterday and we decided to spend some quality time in Petsmart and then Starbucks. The landlord was inspecting the apartment so I made sure my precious little angel was M.I.A. for a few hours.I've decided that the Elmwood s'bucks is where all of the Buffalo creeps hang out (ok, not all of them but a large part). Mr. W was sitting there chewing on his brand new bone (yeah, I bribe him to keep him from barking in public) and this little a-hole almost ran over him with his skateboard. Seriously, who still rides a skate board?
I should probably clarify this a little more... The stupid skateboard freak was also sitting outside brushing his hair with a fork. Yes, I said brushing his hair with a fork. I'm thinking that he really liked The Little Mermaid when he was little or he spends too much money on tight jeans and t-shirts from Urban Outfitters and can't afford a normal hairbrush. Poor boy, it takes so much money to look that unwashed and trendy. Ok, so back to why I'm evening mentiong this... While I was sitting with Mr. W outside of s'bucks, I was also doing a little light reading. Right now I'm reading the Feminine Mystique. I think it's one of those books that should be read before you die. You know, kind of like the Harry Potter series (haha). Anyway, I kept getting looks from the people who passed by. I know they were wondering if I was a lesbian or just a man-hater. You can tell what they were thinking by the look in their beady eyes. I was almost tempted to scream "Yes, I like women" and throw the book at them as they walked by. It would've been fun. Now, if only I were a lesbian...

Julie is going to be here tomorrow afternoon. yeah, I'm super excited! I think we're going to Toronto on Sunday. Well, hopefully we're going to Toronto. I've never been there and it's less than 2 hours away....perfect. I've also got to take Julie on a walk around this city. I don't think people really grasp how weird the Buffalo people truly are until they see it for themselves.

Ok, off to lab...

No comments: