Today I took Mr. Wendell on his first trip the the farmer's market. Of course, he tried to play with every dog that walked by. I noticed that he was really attached to the dogs that were at least 5 times his size. He's a cocky little thing. People kept stopping and talking to me about Scotties. It's starting to get annoying. Yes, he's adorable. Yes, he's feisty. Yes, he has such a great attitude. Blah, blah, blah...he's a pain in the butt, that's what he is. Ok, yes I adore him and I talk to him like he's an actual human being. Sometimes I swear that he talks back. Overall, I'm just really glad that I got him. He's kept me sane in this hell-hole that I call Buffalo.
"I know it's nice to have companionship and wake up with somebody that you really like, but that's what pets are for. Pet's are God's way of saying 'Don't lower the bar because you're lonely.'"
-Greg Behrendt
-Greg Behrendt
I took the MCAT on Thursday. I'm not really that sure how I did. It was hard and I'm not exactly expecting that great of a score but at least it's over for now. I can finally have somewhat of a summer break. I still have to work on my research and I have the job in the lab and the job in the hospital but at least I don't have to spend my free time studying crap that I learned 3 years ago. Yes, I still hate physics.
For those of you who don't know, I'm working in a mouse lab now. Yeah, I know you're creeped out by that. I really enjoy it. I know that sounds weird. Hopefully, they'll let me design my own experiments soon. I know, I know I just reached all new level of DORK with that comment but you love me in spite of that.
Julie is coming to visit next weekend and I'm really excited about that. I think that we might head up to Toronto for a day just to see what that's like. I've never been there and neither has Julie. I think that it's only an hour and a half drive so that's not too bad. I really need to get out of Buffalo. I'm afraid that I'm going to turn into one of "them" if I stay around here too long. I'm starting to feel like this city is closing in on me.
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to be single for the rest of my time in the Blow Hole (that's my new pet name for Buffalo). The men here...eck. Ok, let's be honest, I'm really picky where men are concerned and my standards are a little too high for most of the men in Buffalo. Call me a snob, go ahead. It's true, but I'm not going to compromise myself just so I can say that I have a boyfriend. I'd rather be single. Plus I have Wendell. He's better than any Buffalo man...and he probably smells better.
For those of you who don't know, I'm working in a mouse lab now. Yeah, I know you're creeped out by that. I really enjoy it. I know that sounds weird. Hopefully, they'll let me design my own experiments soon. I know, I know I just reached all new level of DORK with that comment but you love me in spite of that.
Julie is coming to visit next weekend and I'm really excited about that. I think that we might head up to Toronto for a day just to see what that's like. I've never been there and neither has Julie. I think that it's only an hour and a half drive so that's not too bad. I really need to get out of Buffalo. I'm afraid that I'm going to turn into one of "them" if I stay around here too long. I'm starting to feel like this city is closing in on me.
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to be single for the rest of my time in the Blow Hole (that's my new pet name for Buffalo). The men here...eck. Ok, let's be honest, I'm really picky where men are concerned and my standards are a little too high for most of the men in Buffalo. Call me a snob, go ahead. It's true, but I'm not going to compromise myself just so I can say that I have a boyfriend. I'd rather be single. Plus I have Wendell. He's better than any Buffalo man...and he probably smells better.
No comments:
Post a Comment