Friday, March 07, 2008

Dear Buffalo, BITE ME!

As most of you probably know, my car was stolen yesterday. At night, you ask? Nope. It was indefinitaely borrowed between 12:30pm and 4:30pm while I was in class. I had moved it from two hour parking because I didn't want to get a ticket, and instead of a $30 ticket, I came back to an empty parking space. I think it says a lot about me that my first reaction was laughter and then anger. I still haven't felt the urge to cry. I just want to beat the crap out of the little ghetto thug (did i mention that there are projects right beside Roswell) who took my car. I love my car. Roxy has been good to me. Honestly, I don't know why they took her. She had over 100K miles on her, she was 6 years old, Isuzus suck in the snow...I just don't get it. I know she's probably either stripped down or burning somewhere. I loved that car. I also had my beloved running shoes and my favorite pair of workout pants in there. Luckily, my laptop was safely at home.

I have to say that I really love how security type people/cops treat women. First, they ask you 50 times if you just forgot where you parked. Yes, I'm going to actually go up to you and say that I think my car is stolen if I haven't already checked out every place that i would park my car. Jerks! Second, they assume you have a ton of tickets and your car got towed. When I told the first rent-a-cop that I've only had 2 tickets and they were both paid within a day of actually getting them, he somehow took it that I had a large amount of unpaid tickets and that was probably why my car was missing. What a jackass! Only after we drove around Roswell did they believe me that my car was really gone. It's all good, though. By the end of it, I had the Roswell security guys eating out of my hand. I've got skillz. The Buffalo cop was a different story. It was actually kind of funny because before he arrived, my friend Natalie and I were taking bets on what kind of cop he'd be. I won. I said he'd be an older, overweight guy who called me some cutesy little name like "honey" or "darlin'" I could tell by the look on his face that he thought I was some stupid little girl who just misplaced her car. I got the same round of questions about misplacing my car and such and then he started asking all of these pointed questions. I think he might have been impressed that I actually knew my tag number. Seriously, who could expect a female to remember both letters and numbers. By the end of my drive home, he was very friendly but still...grrr to men.

I hate this city...NO, i really do.

No comments: