In typical Tara fashion, I have about 420 bazillion things running through my mind right now. I'm sitting at SPOT working on one of my secondary applications because I'm still too cheap to get internet in the apartment. Yes, I can go to Sephora and spend $20 on gel eyeliner (it's amazing by the way) but I can't call up Time Warner and sign up for internet. I think my priorities are a little skewed.
As I'm sitting here talking about why I want to live in New Jersey and why I think medicine is the most amazing career ever, I'm also thinking about the fact that life really sucks sometimes. It's really hard writing about the wonders of medicine when I feel like medicine failed one of my dearest friends. Christina's dad was diagnosed with cancer late this spring and last night that disease claimed him. You'd think that after all I've been through with my family and then spending 2 years of my life surrounded by cancer would desensitize me a bit, but it REALLY did not. I can't even begin to understand what christina is going through right now. The thought of losing one of my crazy parents makes my stomach hurt and tears come to my eyes. Part of me wants to stomp my foot and start screaming "It's just not fair" but would that really help? I know that God has a reason and a plan but sometimes it's really hard to see beyond your own saddness to understand what that is. Glenn was such a great guy and I feel so sorry for Cindy, Christina, and Natalie. I love that family and I honestly don't know how I would have made it through high school without them.
Eh, back to trying to focus....let's see how long that lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment