Why does raw sugar not dissolve? The only reason that I use it is because the word "raw" is on the package but it would ne nice to get a little sweetness when I sip on my tea. Whatev, I'll go back to Splenda. I like yellow.
Ok...I'll stop rambling about sugar. I'm listening to biochemistry lectures and trying not to fall asleep. I really hate this class. (1) it's boring (2) i've had this crap before (3) there are undergrads in there and most of you know how I feel about the undergrads (yeah, I'm a far superior graduate student now). Thankfully I only have a few more weeks left of this semester and then it'll be time to focus on my lovely thesis. Yeah, i've been a major slacker in that area. I've been focusing on classes *gasp* instead of my project. I really need to learn to manage my time better...or find a way to add a few extra hours to the day. It doesn't help that it gets dark at 5pm. Have I mentioned how much I love Buffalo. Not only does this city smell like a rotten chicken wing, it's also dark 14 hours out of the day. Yay for Daylight Savings Time!
I've been on a mission to re-vamp my wardrobe. All of my clothes are too big so now I have the perfect excuse to buy new ones. I kind of went on a shoe shopping spree the last time I was at home (yeah, I lost weight in my feet too....right) and I ended up with some hot pink shoes, some leopard print shoes, and some boots. I have to say that my favorite pair is the leopard print. They're sassy...just like me ;) Now I need clothes to match the shoes. Pshh, who buys shoes to match an outfit? That's just not cool, man.
I decided to branch out this weekend and I took a class at the JCC. I decided on kickboxing because I thought it'd be fun to imagine that I was kicking the sh*t out of certain family members. That's right, I'm probably talking about you.
It was a great workout and I have to say that my stress level went way down. I'm also hurting in places that I forgot existed. Pain is a sign of a good workout, right? But what if you can't walk?
Being the slightly demented person that I am, I decided to dress Mr. Wendell up for Halloween. He told me that he really liked his devil costume. See, just look at the pictures of him, he's so happy (there are more posted in my photo album...the link is somewhere below). We had about 10-15 trick-or-treaters at our apartment. Their costumes were lame and their parents looked kind of shady. One parent came up to the door with her little kiddies holding a cigarette in the corner of her mouth screaming at a the kids still on the sidewalk. I didn't know if I wanted to give them candy or run into the apartment and hide anything of value. I miss the suburbs.
Ok, back to studying for the 3098079833045986 exams that I have this week...eh.
No comments:
Post a Comment