I have been able to nurture my nerdy side by finishing up some of the books that I've been meaning to read. It only took me a year to finish The Feminine Mystique. I actually kind of liked reading that one out in public because it kept the men from trying to hit on me. Anything with "feminine" in the title scares them off.
I started volunteering on the orthopedic/bariatric floor at Sisters Hospital. I needed to get some volunteer hours in and since I'm already an employee, I didn't have to go through that horrible physical and medical screening process again. I'm enjoying it so far. I have to wear an ugly red smock and keep a smile plastered on my face but that's ok. I get to interact some with the patients and since it's an orthopedic floor, there are a lot of elderly people. You know how I love the elderly. They make me happy.
The masters thesis is going well. I'm in the process of analyzing my data so hopefully I'll be done with the project by the end of the semester. At least that's the goal.
It's rainy and gross today. I think I might shoot myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment